Another nail technique -
These have a Raspberry colour base, and then Blackcurrent, Pale Pink & Coral rippled through.
To achieve this look:
*Start by taping up your fingers with scotch tape or Sellotape, sealing around the nail-bed, preventing varnish going over your finger.
*Place filtered water in a round glass or jar that has a small surface space - big enough for you to dip a couple of fingers at a time, also deep enough that your nails will not scrape the bottom. It needs to be filtered, as tap water has impurity which seem to prevent the varnish spreading correctly. Also, be sure the water is room temperature.
*Choose 2 or 3 complementing shades of varnish, as I have done here; ideally a darker tone, a mid tone & a light colour. Tip; Metallics and glitter varnish tend not to work as well, so my advice is to stick to plain ones.
*Take the shade you wish to start with (work fast for this process as the varnish dries quick in the water) and drop a single drop of varnish into the water. Don’t drop it from a height as the droplet made sink through. It should spread nicely over the surface area.
*Then drop your second colour into the middle of that spread of varnish. And repeat the the process if your using a 3rd colour.
*Take the first shade and repeat that all again, thereby creating a bullseye effect; the varnish at this point should be creating rings, getting smaller to towards the centre.
*Once you have a few rings of each shade, stop. Take an orange stick, pin or toothpick and pull the centre of the bullseye down in a straight line, breaking through the rings of colour. Then from the centre again, draw up in the opposite direction. So you should have a line through the centre of your bullseye, dragging the varnish in two directions.
*Then you want to swirl the rest of the bullseye in any which way, until you have a marbled effect your satisfied with.
*Turn the glass or jar to face the way you want the pattern to lie on your nails. Line up two fingers (or even just the one) and be sure that your nail-bed is laying horizontal to the varnish to ensure you coat the entire nail surface when you dip in.
*After you have dipped through the water, hold your fingers still under water while you use your orange stick or toothpick to clean the surface of the water. A tip is to blow the water in order to make sure the remaining varnish on the surface has dried, this will make cleaning up very easy & quick.
*Once the water is clean, pull out your nails and remove the tape carefully. You should have something like I have created above. Then using a cotton bud and nail varnish remover, just wipe away any excess colour that has printed around the nail.
*Lastly, apply a clear top coat and your done!
276 Notes/ Hide
- ashleycrave likes this
- ahmedahmed123 likes this
- beutifulfreakss reblogged this from showmemakeup
- beutifulfreakss likes this
- justfangurling reblogged this from showmemakeup
- lexi15439 likes this
- lys1991 reblogged this from showmemakeup
- tamdelsel likes this
- sunderhausla likes this
- zombiebabe911 likes this
- nicolitherussianspy likes this
- kelseystyles1108 reblogged this from showmemakeup
- kimmichanga reblogged this from showmemakeup
- kimmichanga likes this
- haileenicole520 likes this
- diamond2308 likes this
- trufriends likes this
- lulda likes this
- bananabiscuits reblogged this from showmemakeup
- rememberyouare-loved likes this
- hipsterbeards reblogged this from showmemakeup
- dina-campbell likes this
- credoenamour likes this
- heidijok likes this
- breanna321 likes this
- abstractgoddess likes this
- marebear99 reblogged this from showmemakeup
- marebear99 likes this
- inloveonlyone likes this
- fuckmehardsexonlegs reblogged this from showmemakeup and added:
- maintainingmanes likes this
- mixed-bunch likes this
- brokenirch reblogged this from showmemakeup
- keepsmilingsweet reblogged this from showmemakeup
- nieceyluvvly likes this
- tiffanieeoohsheeratchet likes this
- beliberadirectioner likes this
- peluuche likes this
- foodfenex3 likes this
- cosmeticcreations reblogged this from showmemakeup
- blackwitchlove likes this
- agoldman1234 likes this
- colleenluvsyhuu likes this
- failedurlchoice likes this
- lovethatneverlasts reblogged this from showmemakeup
- joceyhart reblogged this from showmemakeup
- warrior-16 likes this
- caitlinvries likes this
- tiggertalk90 likes this
- imakittypurryfan likes this