This is a ‘Wet Look’ glossy eyed makeup I tried out on myself in preparation for a future shoot. I will upload a video of it for you to see.
The idea was to create a look using minimal products. So I used one eyeshadow for the main features in this look - Eyes, contouring & lips.
I used a £1 eyeshadow from MUA Cosmetics which can be purchased from Superdrug.
- I applied Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
- For my brows I used Maybelline Gel Liner to shape them
- I took an MUA eyeshadow in Black and mixed it with a Clear lipgloss & applied that to my eyelids
- Next I applied a Black Kohl liner from MAC to my waterline and just under the lower lash line for a dramatic look
- Using the Black eyeshadow from MUA again, I used a flat shadow brush and contoured the bridge of my nose. Then took a fluffy brush to blend
- With the same eyeshadow, I used a blusher brush and heavily defined my cheekbones. I used my fingers to blend the excess, but you can use your foundation brush to sweep over and this will work perfectly
- I took an avon lip pencil in plum and lined my lips
- Using a lip brush, I mixed the Black eyeshadow and lipgloss again, and applied this to my lips, add an extra lick of gloss on top
- Then, using the same lip brush, I swept the mixture under my eyes for added drama
- Lastly, I took some EXTREME feather lashes and placed them along my top lash line!
Charles Fox of Covent Garden - London, held a ‘Marathon Makeup Master-Class’ this weekend just gone at the Royal Opera House, for people in the industry to come and see the top pro’s in action!
The makeup artists demonstrating their skills were: Chris Dennis, Liz Bylett, Lan Nguyen, Stuart Bray and James Vincent! All talents of the industry whom I look up to and admire.
I will be posting some images from the event for you to see!!
The event was sponsored by Kryolan - I love their products!
- Makeup - Lan Nguyen
- Stylist - Joey Bevan
- Photography - Martin Higgs
Lan’s third look from the ‘High Fashion’ section of the master class! Extreme ‘Avant Garde’ makeup.
Lan has used a bald cap to create this look, and covered it in glitter. I favour Kryolan’s bald caps over most brands are they are super thin, and super durable! They are so easy to blend out with acetone so they sit seamlessly against the skin.
Lan has also used ‘Face-Lace' appliques around the eyes, which is a fantastic way of gaining a quick creative & dramatic look to your eyes. They simply peal off the backing and you apply them to the area you wish.