Third Halloween tutorial I’ve filmed this week: Scary Clown
I had so much fun creating this look. I’ll be editing this video tomorrow, so subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified of when it goes up!
I used Snazaroo face paints & some eyeshadow to achieve this scary clown makeup!
So here is the makeup I created today. You may have seen the design I created on photoshop yesterday, its very similar. I adapted a couple of bits to suit lighting etc, but overall I think I met the ‘Gothic’ brief!
I used Kryolan supracolor team with Dinair airbrush as the base.
The theme for tomorrow’s makeup shoot is “Gothic”
So, I created this makeup look on the computer using a photo of the model I’ll be working on.
I’m going to a heavily contoured face, we Black dots & Crystals around the eyes & hairline.
Then I’ll be creating little vein-like lines around the eyes & mouth!
I find doing this method is much more fun & accurate than using a face chart. www.facebook.com/showmemakeup
Thought I’d have a play with some colour this afternoon.
I used Hypercolor in Pink by Anastasia Beverly Hills through my brows, and I added a purple eyeshadow at the base to enhance the line.
Then, I used NYX jumbo pencil in Milk across the lid to give a nice light base for my eyeshadow to pop against.
I push a pink colour across my lid from the Sleek Acid palette.
And I used Purple from Sugar Pill to create a cut-crease in my socket. I blended a Black shadow from the Acid palette into the Purple. This created a lovely gradient, and really stood out against the Pink on the lid.
I topped up the White under my brow with Sugar Pill, and also tapped a little of it on the inner corner of my eye.
I lined my lid and waterline with a kohl pencil in Smolder, from MAC, and used a Maybelline mascara! www.facebook.com/showmemakeup
I shot a quick mobile tutorial on how to create a messy Fishtail braid / plait in less than 90 seconds!!
Here are some behind the scenes images of my Amphibian makeup look.
You can see a close up of the paper eyelashes I made, with the lace & crystals added on.
Also, the pieces I made for the head from foam paper. After cutting to shape I airbrushed all the pieces creating a gradient, then I glued all the crystals & beads on, added lace behind all the cut out sections, and finally I placed in some tacking pins at the edges to create spiked looking accents.
In the middle you can see the makeup after I applied all the pieces, before shooting. And on the left is a before & after of the model!
This image was used for the front cover of Scratch Magazine!